Friday, September 25, 2009

A Comic Life Example!


What do all these musicians have in common?

In my Comic Life example, I decided to create a music themed comic featuring several well-known singers from all types of genres in music. I thought it would be a great way to start of a lesson on local artist to help teach students about the music from the state of Georgia.

This has been a fun project to work on because it is very easy to understand and the program allows for a student's true creative side to be expressed. I will end the project with each student researching about their favorite local artist and then create a Comic Life project that teaches something about their chosen artist!

To see more of the Comic Life example, follow me to Atlanta, Georgia!

4 comments:

  1. Barry,
    This looks great. I would love to have the whole copy of your comic life. My second graders are doing reports on famous people from Georgia. This would be a great poster or book to put in the classroom! Is there any way for me to create a gadget so we can link our whole comic life projects here on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, I am creating a web page for us that will include everyone's Comic Life portfolio. It is taking a while to get everything working right in case you go visit it and it is not up and running!

    Here is the link:

    http://www.martybray.net/bthibau1/MEDT7471/ComicLife.html

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  3. lEAH,

    I FIGURED OUT A BETTER WAY TO VIEW THE PROJECTS!
    This was done by saving as a HTML instead of a J PEG and I saved it to the web page. Your students can view it from there or print it out!

    Barry

    http://www.martybray.net/bthibau1/MEDT7471/Projects/GeorgiaMusicians/Launcher.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barry and Leah ... I enjoyed this post ... and then really liked the link Barry put at the end that links right to his website. Slick.

    ReplyDelete