Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Comic Life Example



Above is only part of my Comic Life. The original doc was 10 pages; I had lots of fun with this program;)
Initial Posting: My Thoughts on Comic Life
I have really enjoyed Comic Life, and could really see using this program in the classroom. I played with the program the other night and created a story to share with my second graders. They absolutely loved it! I posted it by the door and they have been reading it daily as they head out the door. I even had one student ask “where did you go online to do that?” This made me really excited to see them excited and wanting to do it.

The next comic strip that I did was related to middle and secondary students. It is on Georgia’s state symbols. This is one that can be used by teacher to introduce material. It could also be used with the speech/thought bubbles blank or allow student to insert the comments themselves. There are numerous possibilities! I love it; hopefully I can convince my school to purchase the program.

4 comments:

  1. Leah,

    Did you save your image as a gif or jpg? If not, then that could be the problem.

    Dr. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah - I posted directions on how to save your Comic Life as a jpg, bmp, or gif in our GoogleDoc.

    I also started out by making a "fun" Comic Life using images from the birth date of my son. It was fun to play around with the features. I really enjoyed all of the elements available within Comic Life! :-)

    I would love for my school to purchase the product, too. Alas, no money. However, with the free trial, you could definitely use it for a project in the classroom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for yalls help. I got it uploaded (or at least part of it). I printed the whole thing for my kids and made it into a book and they LOVE it! It made me excited.
    Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete