Thursday, October 29, 2009

Project-Based Learning Ideas for the Classroom

PBL Idea 1
I really enjoyed blogging and I would like to see this occur at my school. I’m really not crazy about the school webpage, and I want something more interactive and personal for me, my students, and parents. I would like to create a project where teachers are given the opportunity to create their own blog and add things to it that would be beneficial to them and their students (i.e. spelling words, weather, newsletter, use websites to use at home and school, pictures on subjects studying, etc). What do you think?

PBL Idea 2
I would like to see digital stories using Movie Maker as a project based learning activity. I think educators could implement it in writer’s workshop as the publishing stage. This would motivate students to want to go to the publishing stage. Once stories have been published, teachers could invite parents in to do an “Author’s Tea”. I think this would be an excellent way to show student’s work and involve the parents. It gives the students something to be proud of. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment