After the project was completed and compiled, I understood the whole idea of these types of projects. They are projects that are meant to get students to think why and to find an answer. I don’t know if my project really has students seeking why, but I do think it is an engaging project that students would like to do. I could even take it in the right direction and have the students formulate a math, reading, etc question that they would like answers to. I think they would like to find answers to their questions and provide learning evidence in a VoiceThread, ComicLife, or in a digital story using MovieMaker.
I thought our Fantasy Baseball and Math PBL was really good. It addressed several ways to increase motivation in grades 3-12 math. I was the odd ball (in a good way); I went in the opposite direction- reading and second grade. This was done intentionally to prove that fantasy baseball can be used in lower grade levels and in other subject areas. I enjoyed this aspect of it; it was like a “prove me wrong” type scenario!
Here is a picture of my presentation:

View the
Fantasy Baseball Blog I created to go with this lesson.
Here is the link to the final project:
Kennedy’s VoiceThread Project
No comments:
Post a Comment